Transfer Mentor Program
Interested in developing your interpersonal skills and becoming a leader? Apply to be a Transfer Mentor!
The Transfer Student Mentor Program consists of senior-level business administration students who serve as mentors to junior transfer students who have just started at UC Riverside. The Transfer Mentors are available for support and advice about life at UCR, and they also provide professional and/or academic workshops for their mentees.
Information about specific workshops are emailed directly to the mentees' UCR email accounts and posted on our Facebook page. Make sure you 'like' the page to receive tips throughout the quarter, in addition to news about upcoming events.
Requirements for Mentors
Transfer Student Mentors have a unique opportunity to officially welcome new transfer students at orientation and maintain a professional relationship with assigned mentees throughout their junior year. Mentors also host an academic and/or professional workshop for their peers at least once per quarter to sharpen their interpersonal and leadership skills.
Transfer Mentor requirements and traits include:
- Must be a current transfer student in the School of Business
- Have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA at UCR
- Include current resume and one letter of recommendation from faculty or a supervisor
- Proactive and reliable with strong interpersonal skills
- Committed to spring training and summer orientation (usually late August)
If you have any questions about the program, please email Elizabeth Tisdale at email@example.com.