Earn Your MBA from a Top Business School with a Yellow Ribbon Partnership
UCR School of Business is a member school of Military MBA.
We aim to support the best and brightest of our military through our participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program. The UCR MBA equips you with business acumen and problem solving skills that perfectly complement your active duty roles and experiences. You will become highly sought-after in countless industries as a well-rounded and experienced professional.
Students with military backgrounds tend to do extremely well in our MBA program, partly because they have the critical skills and self-discipline needed to excel. The MBA experience can be intellectually, psychologically and even physically demanding, with challenges that veterans and those in the military are already prepared to face – and flourish in doing so.
We recognize the value of your military training and experience. Your unique background and skills sets will contribute to the diversity we strive for in each MBA cohort.
Building Your Career
Whether you are reaching for top ranks in the military or transitioning into in a civilian leadership position, our Career Development Team will guide you in building a strong, well-rounded portfolio to showcase your talent, achievements, and skills.
Companies are attracted to experienced individuals who have a proven track record of strong work ethic and keen business knowledge. Your MBA can be a springboard to launch a new career, with support and direction along the way provided by our Career Development Team. You will also benefit from interaction and networking with the companies they can connect you with.
HOW YOU BENEFIT
- We allow admission deferrals for deployment.
- Out-of-state tuition costs are covered. California has many major military installations and draws service members from all over the country. This program benefits those who serve but cannot claim California Residency due to their service. The University of California, Riverside and the VA share the cost of non-resident tuition for students who qualify and are not already covered under the new law. Thus, all fully-eligible veterans and their dependents will have their tuition and fees fully covered by the VA and Yellow Ribbon.
- PROGRAMS TO CHOOSE FROM
FROM ADMISSIONS TO ENROLLMENT
Admissions assistance: For questions about your specific eligibility or requirements, our Military Admissions Liaison will assist you and provide insight that may help you in your decision-making process.
Application fee waiver: Candidates who are currently serving or have served in the past may request a waiver of the application fee.
Scholarships: All veterans are eligible to receive our merit-based admissions scholarships and are automatically considered for these upon applying to any of our master's degrees; no additional paperwork needs to be submitted.
To qualify for Yellow Ribbon Program benefits, you must meet the following criteria:
- Receive admission to the master's degree most suitable for your career goals.
- Prior to matriculation, confirm your intent to enroll by submitting your tuition deposit for your master's degree.
- Submit your Certificate of Eligibility from the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs to the UCR Registrar’s Office, as well as a copy to the UCR Graduate School of Management Admissions Office, stating you are 100 percent eligible for Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits.
- Check your Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits here.