CDC Services for Students
Explore the many services and resources we offer students from the very start of your UCR School of Business journey. Once you graduate, we will continue to work with you to build your career and professional network. Stay connected to your alma mater and receive support from the career services team throughout your professional career.
One-on-One Career Coaching
Career advisors are available to meet one-on-one with every AGSM student to discuss job search strategy, resumes, internships, interviewing or any other career-related topic.
The Career Development Center can administer self-assessments for students who want to explore their career options. Staff members are certified to administer either the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality inventory or the Self-Directed Search career interest inventory. All full-time MBA students will complete both assessments during MGT 402, and other students can request a self-assessment at any time.
Resume and Cover Letter Reviews
All AGSM students are expected to create a professional resume using the AGSM Resume Format. CDC staff can help students as they develop their resumes by reviewing content and formatting, providing advice on what to include and what to eliminate, as well as suggestions for strengthening existing content to stand out from the crowd.
Students should also have a professional cover letter to use and modify when applying to internships and jobs. Our team can provide advice and guidance for creating a cover letter that's sure to get noticed.
Students can schedule a mock interview with any member of the CDC staff to practice for upcoming scheduled interviews. Staff will provide constructive feedback to help the student improve their interview techniques and become better prepared for the process of finding a future job or internship.
The Executive Mentor Network (EMN) is designed to engage graduate students with junior, mid-level or senior executives that work in the private, public or non-profit sectors. Students are matched with mentors who have parallel professional interests and share similar career aspirations in regard to occupation, job function and industry.
The EMN provides an opportunity for mentors to share knowledge, insights and professional experiences with graduate students. Mentees will gain ideas and information that are applicable to their academic studies, internships, short-range job targets and long-term career goals.
Contact your career adivsor to apply to be a Mentee.
The MBA Fellowship Program is designed to assist graduating MBA students in obtaining experiential learning opportunities with non-profit organizations during the spring quarter of their final year. This program provides an opportunity for the School of Business to give back to the community of Riverside County by providing a pipeline of talent to participating organizations, and exposes business students to professional careers offered in the non-profit sector. Speak with your career advisor about participating in this program.
Career Development Center Resources
Online Career Resources
- glassdoor.com: Salary research, employee reviews, interview insights
- indeed.com: Search for millions of jobs and internships around the world
- salary.com: Salary research by industry, location, company, job title, etc.
- themuse.com Online career resource offering career advice, articles, company information
- O*NET Online: Occupation Information Network, a comprehensive source for in-depth information on hundreds of occupations
- efinancialcareers.com: Job search site for careers in accounting, finance, banking and technology
- thebeancounter.com: Career advice, job postings, etc. for students of accounting
- Handshake: Through Handshake, access the following resources under Career Center -> Resources
- CareerShift: Tools to help job seekers successfully navigate the published and hidden job market to find career opportunities
- UniWorld Online: A business database of multinational companies, providing information on headquarters and subsidiaries around the world – searchable by HQ location, subsidiary location, industry, etc.
- GoinGlobal: A career and employment resource page featuring information about working and living in countries throughout the world