Fieldwork in Management
The Fieldwork in Management is a dynamic partnership between a student, the UCR School of Business and an employer. The experience students gain from their fieldwork helps them build their resume with MBA-level and/or graduate level work experience and challenges students to apply knowledge gained from their MBA and/or graduate coursework. The internship should consist of meaningful responsibilities that challenge students to grow in their skill sets and produce tangible results.
To ensure students are maximizing their internship experience, no more than 20% of an intern’s duties should be clerical. The length of an internship needs to be a minimum of 120 hours of work over a period of at least 5 weeks. Most internships take place over a period of 8-12 weeks. For further details, click on the downloadable MGT298-I requirements infographic.
Fieldwork in Management Application
This application form is to be filled out by the student to apply for the Fieldwork in Management Program. After students have received their internship offer, they may begin by submitting their Internship Request Form: AGSM Internship Application Form. The following 3 separate documents must also be submitted along with the application:
- A copy of the original internship job posting
- Submit their official internship offer letter on company letterhead
- Submit their updated resume
Students will also need to select the MGT298-I course available that quarter that they are concurrently engaging in their internship: select MGT 298i course.
MGT298-I Internship Procedure
- Once the AGSM Internship Application Form is submitted, the student will receive the official DocuSign form within 5 minutes.
- On this DocuSign form, the student will need to fill out additional internship supervisor information and their selected MGT 298-I course.
- Once completed by the student, it will go to the student’s supervisor for their signature.
- Once the employer signature has been received, then the AGSM CDC and Advising Units can move forward with the review and approval process.
- Once all signatures have been collected, the student will receive a "Completed" email from DocuSign.
- Students will need to download the "Completed" DocuSign form and submit an Enrollment Permit Petition for MGT 298I - Click Here to Access the Enrollment Permit Petition Form
- Select "Enrollment Permit Petition"
- Select Course: 298i Fieldwork in Management
- Select Reason: Received CDC Approval on MGT 298i internship application
- Upload the "Completed" DocuSign Email Copy and click “Submit”
- Within 3-5 business days students will receive an email from AGSM Advising with a permit to enroll themselves in the class. Students cannot enroll without permission.
Attention International Students:
International students doing an off-campus internship will also need to submit a CPT form to International Student Services. For the CPT Request Form for Graduate Students, click here. For further questions, contact the International Student Affairs Office: Phone: (951) 827-4113, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline Schedule to Submit an Internship Application:
Fall: October 6, 2023 | Winter: January 12, 2024 | Spring: April 5, 2024
For more information and guidance, students may contact email@example.com.