Career Advisory Council
The student Career Advisory Council is a volunteer committee of graduate business students who advise, support and participate in career development activities facilitated by the Career Development Center (CDC) staff. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the CDC staff and meet both internal and external UCR School of Business affiliates.
Student Advisory Council Position Responsibilities
- Serve as a liaison between the AGSM student body and Career Development Center
- Represent the CDC at networking events, company information sessions/tours, guest speakers, local conferences, volunteer Employer Board Meetings and other related CDC events
- Help CDC staff promote and increase student attendance for career events via support with marketing, social media outreach, tabling, etc.
- Provide suggestions and feedback to the CDC team on behalf of the AGSM student population to help us improve the services and resources we offer
• You are required to attend the monthly lunch meetings
• You are required to attend all 3 networking events during the academic year
• There are 8 required meetings during the entire academic year
• Attendance during tabling events, networking events, information sessions, company visits, etc.