A. Gary Anderson
Graduate School of Management

MBA Student Hosted Podcast Sheds Light on Adjusting as an International Student

By Jordan Driscoll '23 |

As an international student, Snigdha Ojha has experienced aspects of her UCR education differently than her American peers. In order to share her experiences, and provide support for her fellow international students, Ojha has started a podcast pertaining to the A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management, as well as student life in general.

The inspiration for Ojha’s podcast came while speaking with her admissions advisor. “I came into the idea during a discussion with my advisor about issues I was having with housing and other challenges.”

Ojha is a business professional, and has worked in marketing and commerce for several years. “I have nine years of experience in business. I’m working on my MBA to enhance my career, and take the next leap in marketing. I’ve worked all my life in India in commerce and TV, and as a consultant during the COVID-19 pandemic.”

Ojha hopes her podcast can provide support for international students. “I want to talk about how students can adjust to American culture, and how they can adapt their lifestyle while living and studying here. International students often struggle to find community, and it’s difficult to adjust. I wanted to reach out to everybody who is working on their graduate degree and help them become accustomed to life here,” she says.

Her podcast features business advice as well as personal anecdotes. Of Season One, Ojha says, “There are episodes about how you should brand yourself. Coming from a business school, it’s all about branding and lifestyle. Additionally, there are episodes about how to prepare yourself for interviews and company culture, and how to enjoy school holidays and local festivities.” Each episode averages around 20 to 25 minutes. “I hope my listeners enjoy the conversation, and the process of learning how to adapt to America. We all come here with different backgrounds, and I want to help them brand themselves for their next career steps. Since they are here, it’s very important for them to learn about this culture. Adjusting to a new environment is often difficult; change is the only constant,” Ojha says.